- "A Roman slave plays matchmaker to his master’s son and the courtesan next door. Eunuchs, maids, and dirty old men make comedy tonight. "
- "Hilarity ensues as Plautus’ based Sondheim musical chockablock with prostitutes, freed slaves, soothsayers and cross-dressing is lovely."
- "Sondheim+ Plautus=Roman farce gone wild. Ev’rybdy ought to see this show."
- "Forum makes Plautus more fun as Pseudolus helps Hero win the girl next door. Hysterium will try to stay calm! If only he had a maid…"
- "Not a lost classic, but will you be in the end"
- "Slave dude (lady?) forgets the verses for the opening song while the rest worry about how their legs look in short togas."
Monday, September 13, 2010
Forum rehearsals started last night and MoonSpace (42nd Street Moon's administrative and rehearsal space) is jumping.
In this era of digital gossip, minute by minute updates, and texts replacing phone calls, I thought "How would I tweet about Forum?"
"How will I express what Forum is all about in just 140 characters. I mean, after all, you can barely get the entire title of the show out in 140 characters!"
And then I thought, "You know... I'm not that clever, I should ask other people do it for me." And so I did.
There you go... so... which do you think is the best? Vote in our poll (on the right side of the blog page) and the winner will receive two tickets to opening night. If you think you've got a better tweet-able plot, leave it as a comment!
Then join us for 42nd Street Moon's first show of the 18th Season, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum starring Megan Cavanagh. Playing at the Eureka Theatre Oct 6 - 24. For more information and tickets (415) 255-8207 or click here.